Free Date Ideas You’ve Got To Try!
If all you have time for right now, is a quick read to get a good idea, scroll down and check out the headings.
There’s substance to these ideas that’s worth some of your time, now and in the future.
At a minimum, pick one or two headings that catch your eye and then, follow the instructions. Also, bookmark this page, you’ll want to refer to it again and again.
Assuming you do have time, take a moment to recall a favorite memory. A strange request…perhaps, but bear with me.
Next, answer these questions:
- Is it a favorite because of the way you felt?
- Can you remember how much it cost?
- Where you with others?
- Did you value the time they spent with you and, you with them?
The point being, past memories influence the choices we make.
For example, when it comes down to it, if there’s a choice to spend money or focus on your family or friends, you’ll most likely choose the latter. The most valuable commodity we have to give each other is our time!
Spending time planning and meeting for free date nights is an investment in your relationship. It’s gives a high return that can’t be bought.
Free Date Ideas At Home
There’s no place like home and it’s the perfect place to carve out some time to focus on each other.
All of the ideas that follow, we do. That’s why I’m sharing some of the details that make them even better.
- Movie Night
- Schedule in your diaries the date and time eg. last Friday of every month at 7pm.
- Then choose a movie together in advance from your collection or, borrow it from the library.
- Come to the movie with a fact you find interesting (or funny) about it and share it and with each other.
- Switch off your cell phones (unless your on call, for example).
- Dim the lights, sit together and snuggle up!
- Share popcorn or another snack you already have on hand.
- At the end of the movie share how you’d rate it, your favorite part in the movie and why.
2. Games Night
If you’re like most people you will have at least one game at home, probably more. Usually found stuffed in a drawer and forgotten about. Go get them because, they are about to be put to good use!
Games night is definitely one of our most enjoyed free dates together.
The four games we regularly choose from are:
We only play one of these games on a date, but usually we play it 3-4 times that evening.
The thing I notice most about this date is, it’s a great way to connect, relax and have some fun. Although we both like to win, we keep it lighthearted with a wee bit of healthy competition thrown in.
We often take backgammon with us when we head out at the weekend for brunch or coffee. Albeit that isn’t a free date, it gives us a good reason to put down the cell phone and interact with each other.
None of these may not be your games of choice, but there will be at least one game you both enjoy and would like to play together.
For the date:
- Agree on the game you’ll play.
- If it’s been a while since you both played it, refresh your memories and do a recap on the rules.
- Spice it up with an interesting bet (it can’t involve money…this is a free date remember 🙂 ).
- Press play…not literally, of course!
3. Spa Night
Ok, this can a be a total hit because many of us love to relax and pamper ourselves. However, if your partner’s reaction to this suggestion is one of apprehension, maybe skip it for now.
If not, try enjoying a bubble bath together – candles safely arranged around the bath and low lighting create a relaxing atmosphere.
Afterwards, use lotions and potions that you already have and give each other a mini facial, hand or foot massage or even all three!
Be prepared to sleep well, because ideally you will both have totally relaxed and feel pretty good!
Go For It!
The best dates are usually filled with happy memories and wonderful feelings vs remembering how much they cost or much sacrifice someone had to endure to make them happen.
Let your imagination freely (no pun intended) create some innovative ways to connect with each other! It’s great to give and receive appreciation, as often as possible.
Best of all, appreciation doesn’t cost a dime!
Sharing Is Caring
Feel free to leave your suggestions (clean and legal, of course!) for great free date ideas. Or leave a comment about what you appreciate about spending time with a loved one and if you care about how much it cost.